Home

Thursday, January 5, 2012

96% Vegan - What?

So what do I mean by 96% vegan?  Here's my calculation:  3 meals a day x 7 days a week is 21 meals a week. Let's say each meal has 4 evenly divided 'Sections'.  That equals 84 sections a week.  

Since I consider myself a 96% vegan, this then means that I can make 3 sections (84 x 4%) a week meat/dairy/eggs.   In other words 3 meals a week I can have 1/4 of my meal include meat and/or dairy, the other  3/4 must be wholesome plant-based. 

Examples:  
1) A large salad with a few slices of roasted chicken  on it and brown rice
    OR
2) Have a huge spinach salad with a sprinkle of blue cheese on top and a slice of whole grain bread. 
   OR
3)  After a nice wholesome vegan meal, take a couple bites of your husband's chocolate dessert!

I think this new rule will make it very easy for me without feeling any guilt.   It does not mean having a meal consisting of bacon, 3 fried eggs, buttered bread, and a glass of milk. Sorry John! (My husband loves a hearty meat and dairy breakfast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment