Home

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This Vegan is going Sardi-gan!

Well folks I'm going directly to plan B (see previous post),  I'm starting to introduce sardines in my diet a few days week. Sorry, I never said I'd be a vegan purist. I'm in this for health purposes and if my health starts declining, adjustments must be made.    I believe my protein levels are too low. Haven't had it tested yet, but I need to take action now.   I was devastated by the salon experience.  I think the blonde strands just broke off after my hair dresser highlighted them since my hair was probably too fragile.  I basically have thinner darker hair than when I went into have my hair done. First time I've ever looked worse leaving the salon than when I came in.  :(   

The sardines will be like a supplement for me as they are loaded with all the vitamins and minerals that I may be lacking in  (B12, D, calcium, iron, protein, A, zinc)  AND  I can still stay in the 96% vegan range since honestly, I've been basically a 100% vegan all this time.   I think sardines are the best choice.  Did you know sardines do not have mercury like the bigger fish do?  They eat plankton and are not bottom feeders. They do not live long enough to build up toxins.   

 If I just opened the door to eating chicken, the next thing you know I'll be pulling out my old recipes and back to my old ways.  No,  I'm eating to live, not living to eat....and I need protein to live.   Maybe at my age of 52 I have more difficulty absorbing the proteins and iron.  Regardless, I need to listen to my body.  I also have been delicately caring for my hair this week. No blow drying and I went three days between washing (that was tough!).  

I recently noticed my finger nails are weaker and chipping too.  These are all tell tale signs that I'm deficient in something.  

So the journey continues.....with King Oscar to the rescue!  

(By the way,I'm officially coining the term Sardi-gan! You've heard it first right here - Haha!)      

No comments:

Post a Comment